We specialise in advising clients on settlement agreements, which were previously known as compromise agreements. We know that when these need to be put in place it is often very urgent and we are always prepared to be available to ensure that things go as smoothly as possible at such a difficult time for both employers and employees. In these difficult times, settlement agreements have become commonplace in employment law practice.
We act for people from many types of business, including the financial services, industry and commerce.
What we do:
- Review your settlement agreement
- Advise as to whether it is negotiable
- Compensation payments and notice periods
- Is the payment free of tax?
- Advise on post-termination restrictive covenants
- Indemnities and confidentiality